Title: START-UPS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION (SIPP) SCHEME
Start-ups Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP) scheme launched by Government of India, facilitates the start-ups to file applications for patents, designs and trademarks through registered facilitators in appropriate IP offices by paying only the statutory fees.
NRDC as a facilitator:
- Providing general advisory on different intellectual property on pro bono basis
- Providing information on protecting and promoting IPRs to startups in other countries on pro bono basis
- Providing assistance in filing and disposal of the IP applications related to patents, trademarks and Design under relevant Acts at the national IP offices under the CGPDTM
- Drafting provisional and complete patent specifications for inventions of start-ups
- Preparing and filing responses to examination reports and other queries, notices or letters by the IP office
- Appearing on behalf of start-up at hearings, as may be scheduled,
- Contesting opposition, if any, by other parties, and
- Ensuring final disposal of the IPR application.
NRDC has supported more than 14 start-ups under this scheme.