Area of Technology:Electrical & Electronics
Title of the Innovation: Apparatus and method for measuring and monitoring complex permitttivity of materials
Brief About Innovation
A device and a process for measuring and monitoring complex permittivity of materials for quality control in-situ and in the materials measurement laboratory.
Material is kept as an overlay on microstrip, asymmetric stripline, co-planar waveguide, patch or disc resonator (Resonant frequency 0.5 to 20 GHz). This method of measuring relative permittivity () and dissipation factor or loss tangent (tan ) of circuit board substrates, ceramic substrates, ceramic and any insulating or low conductivity bulk materials of any thickness under microstrip overlay conditions
Measurements are made by measuring resonance of a length of a planar transmission line are as follows:
• Microstrip or Asymmetric stripline open ended direct coupled resonator.
• Microstrip or asymmetric strip line gap coupled resonator.
• Microstrip or asymmetric stripline ring resonator.
• Microstrip or asymmetric strip line patch antenna
• Microstrip or asymmetric strip line rejection filter.
• Co-planar waveguide resonators using direct or gap coupling.
Copyright © 2018. NRDC - All Rights Reserved
Designed and Developed by Maxtra Technologies.