Area of Technology:Chemical and Allied
Title of the Innovation: Low Carbon Footprint Adsorptive Process for Production of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel
Brief About Innovation
• The process developed will remove diesel sulphur from 450 ppm to < 50 ppm, meeting the Bharat Stage IV specifications
• The hydrogen requirement will be 5-6 times lower than the conventional diesel desulphurisation process.
• CO2 emission will be accordingly lowered
• There is only limited nitrogen requirement for purge purposes. No additional recycle gas compressor is required for nitrogen . This will reduce the capital expenditure substantially.
• The adsorbent is regenerated thermally with air .
• Effluent streams can be handled with in existing refinery treatment facilities.
• Operating pressures are 10 to 15 times lower than conventional diesel hydrodesulphurisation processes.
• Substantial savings in equipment costs for adsorber and separator vessels are there due a to low pressure operation .
• Commercially available zeolites can be used after proper modifications.
Copyright © 2020. NRDC - All Rights Reserved
Designed and Developed by Maxtra Technologies.